Social Media – Outreach objectives
Social media outreach is one of the most reliable methods to form new customer relationships, increase client engagement, and improve the visibility of the company’s brand. Consequently, measuring social media outreach metrics are a vital part of determining whether the social media campaign is successful or not.
- Improve follower count – Your outreach abilities are measured by increasing the number of followers on each social media platform you are required to monitor and maintain
- Increase the number of impressions – Social media impressions equate to the number of people your content or posts are visible to. The more times your brand’s social media posts are viewed, the greater the social influence
- Maintain a consistent brand voice – Maintaining a consistent brand voice across all social media platforms will increase social proof
Social Media – Engagement objectives
Engagement objectives are designed to create long-lasting relationships between the brand and its target audience. Consequently, it is essential to engage with social media followers who are credible and who have the potential to influence the brand’s target audience.
- Increase the number clicks per post – The number of clicks on a social media post is one of the most convenient forms of engagement to measure. The Click-through rate has the highest potential to convert.
- Increase post likes – Social media likes are a natural means of generating attention for your brand. Thus, the more likes a post has, the higher the engagement metrics. The greater the engagement metrics, the greater the social influence
- Increase social media shares – Post shares are a sign that your target audience is willing to recommend your brand to their friends and associates. In the age of social proof this is an essential metric to pay attention to.
- Increase the number of comments per post – The more comments your posts get, the more exposure your brand is receiving. Therefore, the higher the number of comments, the more value your social media campaign is adding to your brand.
Social Media – Conversion rate objectives
Conversion rate objectives are designed to convert the brand’s target audience into returning customers. Social media plays an intrinsic role in improving the trust relationship between the brand and the consumer. Trust translates into loyalty. The more trust there is, the more likely the consumer will convert into a loyal customer.
- Increase sales revenue – The primary function of any social media campaign is to increase sales revenue by expanding on the brand’s social media exposure and social proof
- Increase lead conversion rates – The lead conversion rate indicates the number of leads who convert into loyal customers. Social proof encourages trust, which drives brand loyalty, resulting in customer conversions.
- Improve non-revenue conversions – Not all conversions must translate directly into sales. A successful social media conversion campaign can include signing up for an email newsletter, downloading an eBook, or filling out an online form.
Social Media – Customer Loyalty Objectives
Customer loyalty objectives are designed to measure the number of target audience conversions into returning customers. Social media plays an inherent role in building the trust relationship linking the brand and the consumer. The higher the trust, the greater the chance that the consumer will convert.
- Reduce cost per lead metrics – The cost per customer lead is a vital metric. Not only is it essential to know how much each lead costs, but it is also necessary to reduce this number.
- Increase the number of issues resolved – There is an increase in the number of customer service requests handled via social media. It is essential to respond to these requests timeously to increase the brand’s social proof
- Increase customer lifetime value metric – One of the most challenging assignments for any company to achieve involves increasing customer lifetime value. The more loyal your supporters become, the more inclined they will buy your products or services.
Digital Marketing – Website activity objectives
Digital marketing website activity objectives are designed to improve customer engagement, increase sales, increase the percentage of return visitors, reduce the bounce rate, and drive organic traffic to the site.
- Increase the number of unique visitors – The number of unique visitors to your site is a vital metric that will help you determine the effectiveness of your digital marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Increase the number of returning customers – It is widely accepted that one of the most demanding digital marketing objectives to meet is to convert brand visitors into returning, loyal customers. Therefore, it is vital to measure the number of return visitors to determine the number of visits it takes before they convert.
- Increase time spent on website metrics – The longer visitors remain on your brand’s website, the greater the chance that they will convert into loyal customers.
- Improve the navigation path to the CTA – Website navigation path metrics are a critical measure of how well your website is performing when it comes to engaging visitors, ensuring they remain engaged, and driving them through the conversion funnel.
- Reduce your website’s bounce/exit rate
- Improve lead generation rate – The lead generation metric shows what percentage of website visitors are engaging with the site’s content. This figure will tell you if your CTA is successful or not.
Digital Marketing – Sales and revenue objectives
The digital marketing sales and revenue objectives are designed to increase sales figures and overall revenue as a direct and indirect consequence of the brand’s digital marketing strategy.
- Increase revenue per customer – Calculating how much money is generated per customer will help identify your brand’s most lucrative market segments.
- Improve total revenue per customer metrics – Improve effectiveness of the campaign by improving revenue per customer
- Increase total sales numbers – Measuring the total number of sales per digital marketing campaign shows how effective the campaign is.
- Improve conversion rate – Improved conversion rates translate directly and indirectly into profitable revenue. Therefore, it is vital to increase the number of visitors to your website that convert into returning customers. The higher the conversion rate, the greater the marketing spend ROI.
- Improve revenue per marketing channel – It is essential to measure the performance of each marketing channel utilized to ensure the improved metrics and success rates of subsequent campaigns.
Digital Marketing – Profitability objectives
A robust digital marketing strategy must begin with clear, actionable, and achievable goals. And, the primary aim of the successful strategy is to drive profitability objectives. A company cannot exist if it is not profitable.
- Reduce cost per lead metrics – Even though it takes money to generate new business, it is essential to measure the cost per lead metric. This is to track the value of your marketing spend and the ROI per lead.
- Improve profit per customer – Customer profitability metrics are calculated by subtracting the customer acquisition costs from customer-generated revenue. This is an essential number to measure to reduce costs and improve profits per customer.
- Improve Return on Investment metrics – Return on Investment is a ratio between the net profit and the cost of the investment. Therefore, the ROI for the digital marketing strategy is the ratio between the net profit gained from the strategy and the marketing spend for the strategy. Improved ROI metrics means increased income in relation to its cost.
Digital Marketing – Customer engagement objectives
Customer engagement is the key to profitable digital marketing in the Engagement Economy. Therefore, it is vital to engage with consumers in a meaningful way to determine what they expect from the brand.
- Improve Customer lifetime value – A loyal customer will yield accumulative value over time (months and years). Therefore, measuring a customer’s lifetime value will enable you to identify what that value is, as well as how to increase it.
- Improve customer retention rate
- Improve number of social media likes and shares – A substantial part of your brand’s digital marketing strategy should include frequent posts on social media. Likes and shares are your target audience’s way of showing you they’re paying attention. This is a useful customer engagement metric. The more likes and shares the more your customers are engaged.
- Increase social media followers – Social media engagement affects brand awareness, sales, and search engine rankings due to the positive signals it sends. Therefore, it is becoming increasingly important to improve social media followers.
- Improve social engagement metrics – Customer engagement is a vital part of a successful digital marketing strategy. Therefore, although likes and shares are important, engaging with your brand by commenting on stories and participating in online discussions is a positive signal. In the digital age, consumers like a brand when they engage with the brand.
Digital Marketing – Brand reputation objectives
Brand reputation management is a fundamental aspect of growing and maintaining a business. A positive brand reputation establishes loyalty and improves customer confidence in your brand’s products: driving sales, growth, and profitability.
- Increase brand awareness – In order to convert your brand’s target audience into returning customers, they have to know that you are open for business. Therefore, this is a vital metric to measure because it shows your brand’s market penetration levels.
- Improve brand market share metrics – The higher your brand’s market share, or the greater the market penetration, the more profitable it will be. Therefore, keeping track of this number will help the process.
- Increase search engine rankings – Brand reputation plays a fundamental role in determining where your brand ranks on search engines like Google. Therefore, it is essential to track this metric to improve its ranking.
- Increase positive comments and reduce negative comments – Tracking this metric is essential to monitor brand reputation. Good comments foster a good impression of your company and brand. Negative comments do the opposite. Therefore, it is vital to ensure that the number of positive comments far outweigh the negative ones.
- Increase the number of media mentions – In the Engagement Economy, consumers have the most control over a brand’s performance. But media mentions by top sites also add value to your brand’s reputation. Therefore, it’s a good idea to track the number of online brand mentions.
The rationale behind the need for digital marketing KPIs has arisen out of the fact that digital marketing has emerged as the core marketing methodology for almost every business organization, irrespective of size and number of employees. Consequently, there is a need to measure digital marketing efficiencies. Finally, they are intended to measure profitability, sales, and revenue metrics in relation to digital media marketing campaigns and strategies.