Process engineer job responsibilities
- Assist the quality assurance organization in establishing proper quality metrics, required measurement tools, and the necessary control plans (statistical process control).
- Document all aspects of the production process, drafting work instructions, print plans, and other required ISO documentation.
- Function as the technical/engineering representative on the customer-facing teams.
- Manage trials, prototyping, and initial manufacturing runs for new products, working closely with production operators and floor management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Prepare reports on material, product, or equipment performance for internal and external customers.
- Support the transfer of new materials or processes from technology partners into a production environment.
- Within a gated product development process, lead fully specified new product activities from product development to launch.
- Work with external customers and business management to define product requirements, and further refine those requirements into specifications over the course of the development process.
Processes, Procedures & Reporting
- Job Knowledge – Does the staff understand their job well. Is he/she driving his/her role effectively?
- Process Documentation – How well does staff have the Processes and Procedures for his Job/unit documented?
- Processes & Procedures – How well does the staff understand and follow the laid down policies, processes, and procedures
- Reporting – How well does staff get his reports submitted – Timesheets, project reports, etc
Process Associate job responsibilities
- Collect Feedback from Production Employees – Maintain a good relationship with all employees involved in the production process.
- Collect Production Data and Enter into Database – To be experts in the manufacturing processes that they are assigned to improve.
- Consider New Production Trends and Technology – Ability to constantly network and do research to stay on top of production trends and technology relevant to their industry.
- Identify Weaknesses in the Production Process – Create a routine for analyzing the effectiveness of the production process.
- Present Production Improvements to Management – Need good presentation and communication skills to present their ideas to the production manager.
Process Technician job responsibilities
- Escalate Equipment Malfunction to Supervisor – When Process Technicians notice a malfunction with a piece of equipment, they are responsible for escalating this situation to a supervisor. This involves giving a detailed report to the supervisor so that he/she has plenty of information to come up with a solution.
- Maintain Cleanliness of Process Equipment Area – Keeping all equipment, as well as the areas in which they operate, clean. Process Technicians that work in bio-manufacturing typically have to sterilize their workplace. Working in a sterile environment requires one to religiously follow standard operating procedures, as contamination of said environment can ruin an entire batch of chemicals.
- Monitor and Adjust Machine Parameters – Understanding of the equipment they are responsible for. The equipment is digitally controlled, so Process Technicians must know the right settings for each piece of equipment.
- Test Batch or Product Quality – Testing the quality of each batch of products that are manufactured effectively.