Remote work ability assessment (Self-evaluation)
- Do you have all the tools and technology needed to effectively do your job?
- Is your house equipped with internet and phone facilities to stay connected with the team during work hours?
- Are you able to complete tasks with the same quality and pace as compared with working at the office?
Manager performance assessment (Upward evaluation)
- Team collaboration – Managers are expected to aid team-collaboration for work from home employees. This would include your manager regularly briefing you on the tasks to be achieved and ensuring you are in the loop when important work meetings happen.
- Availability – Managers are expected to be available to discuss any work-related matter during business hours.
- Communication – Managers are expected to ensure clarity in instruction while working with work from home employees.
Work from home – work delivery assessment (Downward evaluation)
- Team collaboration skills – Work from home employees are expected to collaborate effectively with their teammates either over the web, phone or conferencing
- Availability during business hours is essential – Ensure availability is stable and predictable, work from home employees should be responsive during business hours for communication and work-related meetings.
- Clarity in communication is important – Clarity in communication is the foundation of the ability to work remote, emails, phone communication and web meetings cannot replace physical meetings unless you invest efforts in being clear and well understood.
- Time-to-delivery for tasks should remain predictable and comparable to work from office employees.
Employee satisfaction survey (Self-evaluation)
- The work from home opportunity offers increased individual productivity, with more, longer stretches of uninterrupted time for me.
- I feel greater work-life balance overall.
- Working from home offers better time-management by eliminating commute time and other non-productive activities.
- Virtual meeting rooms are as effective as on-premise meetings.
- I am gaining benefits in terms of health and overall well being.