Office Administrator job responsibilities
- Act as administrative assistant for senior staff
- Act as liaison to vendors, building management, and other external parties.
- Assist staff with desktop publishing and graphic design work.
- Create and update user guides for technology systems used in the office.
- Implement new technology roll-outs and upgrades as organizational needs change.
- Maintain and troubleshoot technology in the office, including computers, networking, printers, copiers, telephones, televisions, projectors, and all software systems.
- Manage and refine internal filing and other procedures.
- Manage corporate and charitable registrations.
- Monitor and maintain all office and kitchen supplies.
- Perform desktop publishing and graphic design work in support of Communications department.
- Perform updates and expansions to the website in support of the Communications department.
- Refine office layout as organizational needs change.
Administration Manager job responsibilities
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.).
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and trades persons (e.g electricians).
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
Administrative Assistant job responsibilities
- Answering phones for the office and management team.
- Making PowerPoint presentations that are client-ready.
- Managing calendar and scheduling tasks for the CEO.
- Managing emails for the CEO.
- Ordering office supplies and keeping an inventory of office supplies.
- Other ad hoc tasks as needed.
The administration department plays a primary role in the organization’s optimal functioning. The measurement of administration department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) is an essential tool in the organization’s ability to determine its ability to function as a cohesive unit that consistently meets its stated aims and goals.
Essential Key Performance areas include the optimal functioning of office space and equipment, answering phones, completing ad-hoc administrative tasks, maintaining the CEO’s diary and scheduling appointments, and assisting with budget preparations.
Continuous KPI tracking allows the Office Administrator to identify negative business practices and to correct these trends before they cripple the organization.