Office Administrator job responsibilities
- Act as an administrative assistant for senior staff
- Act as a liaison to vendors, building management, and other external parties.
- Assist staff with desktop publishing and graphic design work.
- Create and update user guides for technology systems used in the office.
- Implement new technology roll-outs and upgrades as organizational needs change.
- Maintain and troubleshoot technology in the office, including computers, networking, printers, copiers, telephones, televisions, projectors, and all software systems.
- Manage and refine internal filing and other procedures.
- Manage corporate and charitable registrations.
- Monitor and maintain all office and kitchen supplies.
- Perform desktop publishing and graphic design work in support of the Communications department.
- Perform updates and expansions to the website in support of the Communications department.
- Refine office layout as organizational needs change.
Administration Manager job responsibilities
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.).
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and trades persons (e.g electricians).
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
Administrative Assistant job responsibilities
- Answering phones for the office and management team.
- Making PowerPoint presentations that are client-ready.
- Managing calendar and scheduling tasks for the CEO.
- Managing emails for the CEO.
- Ordering office supplies and keeping an inventory of office supplies.
- Other ad hoc tasks as needed.
Administration KPIs are a remarkably useful mechanism that are designed for use to measure administration department efficiencies. These KPIs are appropriate for the measurement of the performance of every job role in the admin department, including administrative managers, administrative assistants, front-of-house receptionists, and other professionals involved in the day-to-administration of the business organization.
The administration department plays a central role in the organization’s optimal functioning, from front-of-house functions to desktop and graphic design functions, managing office supplies, and creating user guides to new technologies, both hardware, and software.
Consequently, essential Key Performance areas include the optimal functioning of office space and equipment, answering phones, completing ad-hoc administrative tasks, maintaining the CEO’s diary and scheduling appointments, and assisting with budget preparations.
The measurement of administration department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) fulfils the following functions ensuring that the department functions optimally at all stages of the business’s life cycle.
- It is an essential tool in the organization’s ability to determine its ability to function as a cohesive unit that consistently meets its stated aims and goals.
- The effective measurement of administration department key efficiencies provides the management with key information that shows gaps in employees’ skill sets and abilities to perform their primary roles and functions to the best of their individual abilities.
- Continuous KPI tracking is a critical tool to implement in that it allows the Office Administrator to identify negative business practices and to correct these trends before they cripple the organization.
- Continuous KPI measurement and tracking ensure that the company’s business objectives are kept front and center of all decision-making processes. The fundamental aim of this process is to make sure that the company’s overarching business goals are foremost in all employees as well as management’s minds.
The successful implementation of Administration KPIs driven by continuous measuring and tracking of key performance area successes and challenges is essential to effectively manage and control thriving departmental and company-wide efficiencies.