Chief Scientific Officer job responsibilities
- Directing and mentoring the discovery team to conduct these activities, and motivating and mentoring employees for personal growth and professional achievement.
- Investigating and, where appropriate, implementing a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to advance project goals and to identify previously unrecognized connections.
- Managing outsourced scientific activities, CROs, and seamlessly integrating them with internal work flows.
- Managing the chemistry and biology teams to execute discovery programs.
- Overseeing the designing and implementation of in-vitro and in-vivo screening paradigms directed to ion channel targets.
- Preparing and presenting to investors and corporate partners.
- Preparing and publishing manuscripts in recognized journals and presenting at meetings.
- Pursuing non-dilutive grant funding as a means for external validation of project and supplemental money.
- Review and approval of scientific data reports.
- Supporting in-licensing, collaboration, and other activities to obtain new company business, to advance key programs, and to identify opportunities for innovative research.
Clinical and Translational Med job responsibilities
- Assist in the writing and review of clinical study reports, manuscripts, and other written projects.
- Collaborate with the clinical working group and external consultants to determine strategy and tactics for clinical development plans, clinical protocols, and safety management plans.
- Contribute to business development, intellectual property, and strategic planning activities.
- Ensure compliance with all safety reporting obligations.
- Monitor and review adverse events, serious adverse events, and real-time laboratory findings from ongoing clinical trials.
- Work with the pre-clinical investigators both within and outside the group to advance clinical development and safety.
Clinical Operations and Data Management job responsibilities
- Assist in the writing and review of clinical study protocols and clinical study reports.
- Collaborate with clinical working group & external consultants to determine strategy & tactics for clinical development plans.
- Contribute to CMC oversight.
- Direct the company clinical operations and data management functions to support the clinical development.
- Formulate clinical operations and data management strategies, tactics, objectives, and performance metrics.
- Prepare for and participate in strategic and financial investor meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Company management team and contribute to the development and execution of Company strategy.
- Support Company business development and intellectual property functions.
Research Investigator, Medicinal Chemistry job responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation and publishing of manuscripts in recognized journals presenting at scientific meetings.
- Helping to recruit highly-qualified medicinal chemistry team members.
- Operating in a highly pragmatic and team-oriented manner to enable the research team to deliver clinical development candidates.
- Working collaboratively with the biology team to execute discovery programs with ambitious goals.
- Investigating and, where appropriate, implementing a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to advance project goals.
- Keeping current with medicinal chemistry and synthetic organic chemistry research.
Senior Research Investigator job responsibilities
- Assist in preparing and publishing manuscripts in recognized journals and presenting at scientific meetings.
- Electrophysiological recordings from cells in culture including neurons.
- Experimental design, implementation, data collection, analysis, summarization and interpretation.
- Other duties that contribute to the success of the discovery programs.
- Preparation and maintenance of neuronal cultures.
- Use of manual patch clamp system for determining the actions of drugs on ion channel conductances.
- Where necessary, make presentations to company management and to potential and current partner companies and investors.
Senior Research Scientist job responsibilities
- Actively participate in working group meetings and communicate experimental results to team members.
- Assist with automated patch clamp and manual patch electrophysiology.
- Contribute to SOP development and implementing procedures according to high quality standards.
- Follow all lab safety regulations and maintain an organized and clean work space in the laboratory.
- General laboratory maintenance, including preparation of solutions and stocks.
- Hazardous waste disposal.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks, electronic records and inventory.
- Maintenance of lab equipment.
- Negotiate pricing and quotes with external vendors.
- Perform laboratory inventory checks and restock consumables as needed.
- Running cell based assays (maintenance of cell lines, use of plate reader, liquid handlers and troubleshooting as needed).