Quantity Surveyor & General Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Attending book-in meetings in the morning.
- Attending brief meetings.
- Checking purchase orders before Construction.
- Compiling construction quotes (costs, quantities).
- Compiling furniture quotations (costs, quantities and pictures).
- Compiling project programs or gantt charts (If Needed).
- Cost control of projects.
- Filing & Archiving.
- Fire & Council Approval.
- Imputing rates.
- Liaising with clients.
- Liaising with contractors & suppliers.
- Managing price lists from suppliers.
- Measuring drawings.
- Preparing bills of quantity and contract documents for tender.
- Quantifying items to be built and supplied.
- Requesting Quotes.
- Trackers & Delivery dates (if needed).
Construction Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- After sales service.
- Brief Designers
- Brief QS
- Bumf Layout
- Check BOQ’s & input selling rates
- Check Drawings
- Check orders received & request Invoices
- Client Liaison, service & managing expectations
- Communicating with OTI Team (Directors, Accounts, Design & Ground Control) – Email Communications to Project Team.
- Compile Furniture Costings
- Compile Project Programs
- Compile Quotes
- Compiling orders for management signature
- Consulting with clients to give correct solution
- Coordinate delivery dates
- Covering all bases, documenting & recording events & approvals
- Establish budgets with clients
- General Office Duties
- Giving Briefs
- Issue drawings to contractors & obtain quotes
- Managing & Liaise with Contractors
- Meet client & take brief
- Meet Contractors on Site
- Obtain client approvals
- On target Brand Ambassador (Dress, Attitude, Speaking etc.)
- Presentation to clients
- Project Programs, compiling, updating, communicating, managing & coordinating
- Project Variation Reports & approvals
- Re-con project account
- Send Invoices & follow up payments
- Sign Off Contractor Invoices
- Site handover & Snag List
- Site Meetings
- Space Planning
- Up selling
Construction Supervisor job responsibilities
- Accomplishing project by defining the scope and resources required.
- Allocating resources, materials, sub-contractors and other staff.
- Hiring, training and general management of all employees on the project.
- Maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment by adhering to and enforcing safety codes.
- Monitoring performance of sub-contractors and staff.
- Monitoring project budget.
Painter job responsibilities
- Use brushes, spray guns, and rollers effectively – This KPI tracks and measures the painter’s ability to use brushes, spray guns, and rollers professionally and effectively. The higher this metric, the more professional the outcome, and the happier the client.
- Seal all structural cracks in the building’s external and internal surfaces – This KPI measures and tracks the painter’s ability to seal all structural cracks in the building’s external and internal surfaces by adding caulking to the cracks. The higher this metric, the better the outcome, and the happier the clients.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment safely and correctly – This KPI measures and tracks the extent to which the painter cleans up at the end of each day and once the job has been completed. This includes the proper storage of paint and painting tools and equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintain all painting equipment used to ensure continued and proper functioning – This KPI tracks and measures the painter’s ability to maintain all painting equipment used to ensure continued and proper functioning. The higher this metric, the greater the equipment’s optimal functioning, and the longer the equipment lasts.
- Keeping the job site organized, neat, and tidy – This KPI measures and tracks the extent to which the painter is able to keep the job site organized, neat, and tidy. A well-organized site is a professional site, reducing the risk of workplace accidents and injuries.
- Tape off areas using masking tape as needed – This KPI measures and tracks the painter’s ability to tape off areas that need to be painted to ensure a neat, professional job. If the area boundaries are not masked off properly, the risk of an unprofessional finish is high.
- Apply window putty quickly, professionally, and effectively – Replacing and applying window putty quickly, professionally, and effectively is a key function of the painter’s job role. This KPI tracks and measures the painter’s ability to work with window putty, resulting in a professional finish.
- Read plans and specifications correctly to purchase the correct supplies and equipment – Reading plans and specifications correctly is a core function of the painter’s job role as the correct supplies and equipment must be purchased to complete the job successfully. This KPI measures and tracks the painter’s ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications.
- Know the difference between spackling and hot mudding and when to use each – Knowing the difference between spackling and hot mudding and when to use each application is a critical part of preparing structural surfaces to be painted. This KPI tracks and measures the extent to which the painter understands the differences and each application’s uses and purposes.
- Communicate with clients to ensure they’re getting the look they’re hoping for – Communicating effectively with clients at every stage of the painting job is critical to ensure they’re getting the look they’re are hoping for. This KPI measures and tracks how well the painter communicates with current and potential clients.
Construction KPIs or Key Performance Indicators for the construction industry aim to measure the success and achievements of the quantity surveyor and general assistant, the construction project manager, and the construction supervisor portfolios with the primary goal of the acquisition, management, and retention of customers within the construction industry. Thus, each organization has the ability to prepare quotations, project plans, and the bill of materials for the construction of buildings, roads, bridges, and other related infrastructure.
Continuous KPI tracking and measurement allows for the identification of adverse short and medium-term tendencies to ensure that they don’t develop into long-term crises.