Technical & Product Support (Customer) (Qualitative)
The technical and product support office renders customer service associated with a specific product or service.
Product Support Representative, Customer Support Analyst, Technical Support/Service Representative, Help Desk Administrator
- Customer Satisfaction – The overall customer service representatives’ performance from the customer’s perspective, usually determined by a brief, scale-based survey.
Technical & Product Support (Customer) (Quantitative)
- Abandonment Rate – The percentage of callers who end the call before talking to a technical support agent divided by the total number of callers
- Cost per Call – The overall cost of managing calls including labor and overhead expenses within the customer support group being assessed divided by the number of calls conducted
- First Contact Resolution Rate – The percentage of incoming calls that are settled on the initial contact without necessary transfers or follow-ups divided by the total number of incoming calls
- Average Hold Time – The average amount of time that a client waits on hold during the progress of a call, as well as between turn overs
- Average Reply Time (Emails) – The total time needed for customer support agents to attend to customer service emails in the technical service sequence divided by the number of emails
- Calls per Product – The total number of inbound technical service calls from clients that are cleared up and ironed out.
- Training Hours per Year – The number of hours consumed every year on new skills training for technical client sservices agents
Account Management (Qualitative)
The account management office performs as a connection between the customer support and sales teams to make sure that the products or services meet the customers’
Customer Service Account Manager, Retail Customer Account Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Account Representative, Account Executive
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System – A client relationship management system is being employed by account administrators to record their interactions with account contacts and search for information on sales leads and prospects efficiently.
Account Management (Quantitative)
- Frequency of Account Reviews – The average time between analysis of accounts that aid the administration to verify the level of service being given to the account holders, the quality of client relationship, and the contact’s total experience with the firm
- Average Time Between Customer Interactions – The average amount of time that transpired between interactions with a customer
- Number of Customer Accounts per Account Manager – The total number of client accounts divided by the number of account administrators
- Contacts per Account – The total number of account administrator contacts (through phone, email and face-to-face) with clients divided by the number of accounts during a determined time span
Customer Incentive & Rewards (Quantitative)
The client incentives and rewards staff is in charge of establishing an effective customer rewards program for those who support and do business with the company.
Customer Experience Specialist, Customer Loyalty Specialist, Customer Success Specialist, Customer Relations Manager
- Net Promoter Score – The percentage of clients who would endorse your brand to their contacts compared the total number of clients
- Enrollment Conversion Rate – The percentage of clients who choose to register in the customer incentive program during a determined term (quarterly, annually) compared to the total number of customers
- Customer Retention Rate – The percentage of customers who extend their services or make new purchases from the firm during a specific term comaped to the total number of current clients during the similar term
- Customer Churn Rate – The percentage of customers who choose not to extend their subcription in a defined term compared to the number of clients whose subscriptions expire during the simiar term
- Lifetime Customer Value – The net profit acquired from one client over the lifetime relationship with the firm/service/product.
- Rewards Break Rate – The percentage of accumulated premiums that are not redeemed by members of the client incentive program compared to the number of accumulated premiums available
- Rewards Accrual Rate – The value ($US) of premiums accumulated by the typical client divided by the overal purchase amount of the typical client during the similar term, as percentage
- Cancellation Rate – The percentage of customer incentive program members who terminate their subscription during a specified term copared to the number of clients in the program during the similar term
- Rewards Attainability – The percentage of reward program members who redeem the accumulated premium points/credits during a specified term compared to the number of members who have premium points/credits to redeem during the similar term
Returns & Warranty (Quantitative)
The returns and warranty office deals with customer product returns and enforcing the appropriate procedure (e.g. product replacement, refund, request further information for claim, etc)
Customer Care Specialist, Product Sales Specialist, Customer Returns Manager, Warranty Operations Specialist, Order Fulfillment Specialist
- Returned Product Transportation Cost – The total expenses for shipping of merchandise sent back by clients during a specified term divided by the number of merchandise return deliveries during the same term
- Percentage of Invalid Claims – The percentage of claims presented that are void compared to the total number of claims received
- Warranty Cost as a Percentage of Revenue – The percentage of total expenses ($US) acquired through warranty-related returns and service concerns compared to the gros profit
- Warranty Claims as a Percentage of COGS – The percentage of total expenses ($US) in handling warranty claims compared to the total cost of goods sold (COGS)
- Daily Customer Returns – The average number of returned products received per day and handled by the returns supervision team
Incident Management (Quantitative)
The incident management team deals with customer concerns escalated from the call center and calls for further steps toward resolution.
Incident Manager, Incident Management Specialist, Incident Analyst, Incident Response Manager, Escalation Manager, Customer Service Manager
- Percentage of Accounts Past Due – The percentage of customer accounts handled by the firm that are overdue and demands requisition efforts compared to the
- Average Age (Delinquent Accounts) – The average amount of days overdue for a single account handled by the customer support or collections team
- Incidents per Account – The total number of customer events (inquiry, service issues, etc) divided by the number of client accounts handled
- Cost per Incident – The total cost for the incident management group divided by the overal number of incidents handled
- Average Handle Time – The average amount of time needed to manage one inbound call, including post-call tasks
- Average Complaints per Day – The average number of grievances received from customers by the customer support agent
- Complaint Escalation Rate – The percentage of technical or product complaint calls that are submitted from customer support agents to administrators/managers for settlement compared to the total number of complaint callls