Product Management/Product Development
The product management team supervises the creation of new products and initiates marketing plans, branding, profit/revenue objectives, product improvements, and market positioning across a company’s array of products
Related: Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Product Leader, Director/Manager of Product Management, Associate Product Manager, Senior Product Manager
- Number of Signatures to Approve New Product – Number of signatures needed to authorize the development of new merchandise/product offering
- New Product Approval Cycle Time – Average number of days from the moment the new product concept is conceived up to the time it is introduced to the market
- Average Number of Revisions – Average number of modifications of a new product concept from the moment the concept is introduced up to the time it is authorized for development
- Number of New Products Launched – Total number of new products introduced to the market in the preceding year
- Time to Market – The amount of time passed from the ideation of a new product up to the time the product is ready for purchase by the people
- Average Revenue per Customer – The average profit produced by one client relationship for particular merchandise or service over a determined time period
- Market Penetration – An approximation of the possible amount of money that could be generated on a merchandise or service (prospective clients and market share x selling price x yearly consumption).
- Types of Media – Yes/no metric showing the form of media sources utilized for advertising operations
The public relations team handles communication between the company and any social channel.
Related: Public Relations Representative, Public Relations Director, Public Relations Specialist
- Advertising Value Equivalency – The amount that editorial PR broadcasting would cost if it were advertising slot
- Clip Counting – The amount of time that editorial broadcasting spends across all mediums
Marketing Communications (Qualitative)
The marketing communications team supervises brand strategy and keep track of all communications related to marketing across all channels (TV, radio, print, social media) to establish a consistent image for a specific product or service
Related: VP/EVP/SVP of Marketing, Communications and Marketing Manager, Corporate Communications Specialist, Marketing Communications Associate
- Means of Communication – The mediums used by the firm to educate the staff of new product or service offerings
Marketing Programs & Campaigns
Marketing programs and campaigns group members collaborate with the marketing communications and market research group to create, introduce, and keep track of company marketing efforts.
Related: Campaign Manager, Marketing Program Manager, Director/Manager of Marketing Programs, Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialist
- Means of Communication – The mediums used by the firm to educate the staff of new product or service offerings
- Marketing Originated Customer Rate – The percentage of new clients gained over a specified time period that came from a lead produced by marketing channels
- Number of External Promotional Events – Number of promotional events conducted during the preceding year in each of the following types
- Number of Promotional Employees – Total number of staff members engaged in promotional efforts
- Outsourcing – Yes/no showing whether areas of event planning are outsourced
- Number of Direct Marketing Employees – Total number of staff member engaged in direct marketing efforts
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) – Total marketing and sales expenditure (salaries, advertising costs, fixed costs) per new client gained via marketing mediums over a similar time period
- Cost per Impression – The average expense on a single impression for a single marketing/advertising project
- Impressions per Campaign – The number of views, by channel (TC, print, web produced by a single marketing/advertising project
- Reach – The percentage of entities in a target audience who were exposed at least one time to an advertisement during a specific time period
Marketing Programs & Campaigns (Qualitative)
- Means of Direct Marketing Campaigns – Direct Marketing Campaigns Channels
- Direct Marketing Functions – Yes/no metric showing profitable sections within direct marketing
Field Sales (Qualitative)
- Types of Field Sales Promotions Responsibility – An individual or team within the firm in charge of organizing field sales promotions
- Types of Sales Training Conducted – Yes/no metric showing a kind of training performed by the firm for the field staff
Content Marketing (Qualitative)
Content marketing group members collaborate with industry subject matter experts (SMEs) and marketing administrators to create, arrange, and disseminate marketing materials.
Related: Content Marketing Specialist/Manager, Marketing Analyst, Graphic Designer, Marketing Copywriter, Technical Writer, Marketing Specialist, Content Strategist
- Outsource – Yes/No metric showing whether the firm hires an outside vendor to perform market research
Digital marketing deals with marketing and advertising endeavors that utilize digital media like tablets, phones, and computers.
Related: Digital Marketing Strategist, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Analyst, Social Media Marketing Manager, SEO Specialist, Search Marketing Specialist
- Email Marketing: Click Rate – The percentage of email sent out to clients or subscribers that generates a click in one place within the email body
- Email Marketing: Open Rate – The percentage of emails sent out to clients or subscribers during one email campaign that is accessed by the receiver
- SEO: Lead-to-Close Rate – The percentage of leads produced from SEO marketing campaigns (organic search traffic) that lead to a purchase
- SEO: Visitor-to-Lead Rate – The percentage of website visits produced by SEO campaigns (organic search traffic) that produce a qualified sales leads
- SEO: Sales Conversion Rate – The percentage of leads produced from SEO marketing campaigns (organic search traffic) that lead to a purchase
- Brand Mentions – The number of instances the brand is mentioned on each social media platform used by the marketing group over a specified time period
Market Research & Analysis (Qualitative)
The marketing research team is in charge of connecting the needs and problems of consumers with the marketing plan of the company and evaluate the efficacy of marketing efforts.
Related: Marketing Intelligence Analyst, Market Research Analyst, Director/Manager of Market Research, Business Analyst, Market Research Specialist, Research Strategist
- Research Methods Used – A yes/no metric showing which audience research technique are employed (online surveys, phone surveys, focus groups, etc.)
Market Research & Analysis
- Cost per Lead (by Platform) – The average expenditure on generating one qualified sales lead (categorized by channel: social media, print, TV)
- Traffic Source Breakdown – The classification of traffic sources for company websites or landing pages (social media, paid search, organic search, recommendation)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) – A metric (200 point scale; – 100 to +100) to calculate client loyalty. NPS detects the possibility of a client recommending a firm’s products or services to a contact
- Click-Through Rate – The percentage of clients who view social media advertisements or entries and click through to the website or destination
Marketing and Prospecting
- Contribute to marketing communication – Contribute effectively to Team’s marketing communication, including FMG Suite, social media, and other touches.
- Contribute to marketing events and activities – Contribute to marketing events and activities, such client appreciation events, networking, and planning.
- Contribute to referral activity – Ask for referrals (Financial Advisor, Advisor Associate) or facilitates referral process (Administrative Assistant, Practice Manager) on a regular basis.
- Identify and act on business opportunities – Identify opportunities to increase revenue to the Team. Act appropriately to help the Team close on business opportunities.
- Rate overall marketing and prospecting – Rate overall marketing and prospecting skills and activity. Include examples, ideas for improvement and other comments.
- Track and follow-up on business opportunities – Track business opportunities in process and follow-up in an appropriate and timely manner.
Digital Campaign Manager job responsibilities
- Act as technical support to help troubleshoot problems with creative, tags, and platforms.
- Actively monitor campaign pacing and performance.
- Campaign set-up: keyword development, ad copy creation & testing, account set-up and restricting, bid and budget management.
- Contribute to internal projects that improve the company’s trafficking and data processes.
- Escalate any performance issues directly to relevant technology providers.
- Escalate any usage concerns and provide solution recommends to Account Managers.
- Execute and support paid search campaigns, including but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, and management.
- Manage the setup and day-to-day trafficking of online ad campaigns.
- Perform all basic tactical execution and campaign audits.
- Provide optimization analysis and create thoughtful recommendations that support client objectives.
- Provide quality assurance (QA) to any trafficked ad, tracking tags, and data uploads.
- Pull campaign reports on behalf of the Account Managers as required.
- Support Account Managers in evaluating and testing new features and products.
- Use reporting, analytics, and trend tools on a daily basis.
Content and Communications Director job responsibilities
- Draft and review corporate documents – Business plans.
- Draft and review corporate documents – Discovery, development, and regulatory materials, where appropriate.
- Draft and review corporate documents – Investor collateral.
- Support business development and fundraising – Communications.
- Support business development and fundraising – Due diligence.
- Support business development and fundraising – Presentations.
- Support business development and fundraising – Research and modeling.
- Support business development and fundraising -Transaction.
- Support strategic communication goals – Advocacy partnerships.
- Support strategic communication goals – Investor communications.
- Support strategic communication goals – Medical meetings.
- Support strategic communication goals – Social media.
- Support strategic communication goals – Public relations.
KPIs or Key Performance Indicators for the marketing department are designed to gauge the optimal performance and success of the organization’s ability to market and advertise itself to its target audience.
Marketing KPIs or Key Performance areas that must be measured include the cost of marketing versus sales, brand and product development and management, advertising penetration and success metrics per media type, public relations and communications, and market growth and research metrics.
Real-time KPI tracking affords the Marketing manager the opportunity to identify negative short-term trends to take proactive measures to rectify these inclinations before they evolve into full-blown crises.