Database Engineering and Management
The database engineering and management office is in charge of planning, designing, and creating, and managing a database, as well as analyze and document data.
Related: Database Analyst, Database Architect, Database Manager, Database Engineer, Database Administrator, SQL Engineer
- Average Database Availability Time – The average time that a firm’s database is functioning (available for service) between two, unexpected system malfunction
- Mean Time to Repair – The average amount of time between unexpected system interruption and the ensuing solution of the crisis
Data Governance and Control
The data governance and control office is in charge of establishing company-wide protocols concerning the collection and use of data. They are also responsible for setting guidelines for data quality and security.
Related: Supply Chain Forecast Analyst, Business Reporting Analyst, Business Analyst
- Percentage of Accounts with Incomplete or Missing Data – The percentage of current accounts (client or merchant accounts) with inadequate or nonexistent data within company systems
- Percentage of New Accounts Setup with Missing or Incomplete Data – Percentage of new accounts entry that have unfilled or insufficient data fields
- Percentage of New Products Setup with Missing or Incomplete Data – Percentage of new merchandise entry that have unfilled or insufficient data fields
- Percent of New Vendors Setup with Missing or Incomplete Data – Percentage of new merchant accounts entry that have unfilled or insufficient data fields
- New Account Setup Cycle Time – The average amount of time required to create a new client account starting from initial data accumulation and registration to approval
- New Accounts Setup per FTE (Monthly) – The average number of new accounts created over the duration of one month by a new account creation staff
- New Product Setup Cycle Time – The average amount of time required to register a new product, starting from initial data accumulation to registration to approval
- New Products Setup per FTE (Monthly) – The average number of new products registry over the duration of one month by a new product set up staff
- New Vendor Setup Cycle Time – The average amount of time required to register a new merchant account starting from initial data accumulation and registration to approval
- New Vendors Setup per FTE (Monthly) – The average number of new merchant accounts setup over the duration of one month by a new merchant setup staff
- Total Number of Customer Accounts Serviced – The number of client accounts that have had inaccuracies (wrong, lacking, or insufficient account information) adjusted within the last month by Master Data Administration staff
Business intelligence or BI is a procedure concerning the audit of a company’s raw data to guide corporate executives and other end users to make smart business decisions.
Related: Business Intelligence Developer, Data Architect, Senior Market Analyst
- Dashboard Usage Percentage – The percentage of control panels that are set up and designed for use by management staff that are actively accessed and used
- Report Production Cycle Time – The average amount of time (in business days) needed to handle a request from management for a new business report, gather the relevant information, and generate a report (soft copy or hard copy) according to the request
Master Data department Key Performance Indicators or KPIs are designed to measure the performance, optimal functioning, and success of the organization’s ability to be a market leader through its ability to interpret data collected from various business activities like sales, customer service, marketing, and brand development.
Constant KPI tracking for the Master Data department must include key performance areas like data governance, control, and security, especially for sensitive data, database design, development, implementation, and uptime versus downtime metrics, business intelligence, big data, and the analysis and interpretation thereof, and to assist with management’s ability to forecast trends by providing related statistics.