Director Quality Assurance job responsibilities
- Applies techniques – Applies techniques that support and sustain employee enthusiasm, and implements strategies that enable parties with different or opposing outlooks to recognize common goals and work together to achieve them.
- Designs and conducts supplier audits evaluate corrective and preventive action plans provides feedback and monitors supplier performance for process improvement.
- Designs and uses performance measures to drive and monitor organizational performance, and evaluates the results in relation to strategic and business plans.
- Develops and deploys the quality plan effectively – Develops and deploys the quality plan and ensures that it is documented and accessible throughout the organization. Documents include but are not limited to policies, procedures, work instructions, forms necessary to meet business requirements and quality system standards.
- Develops and monitors the quality mission and policy and ensures alignment with the organization’s broader mission.
- Develops systems to capture customer perceptions and experiences – Develops systems to capture customer perceptions and experiences using a variety of feedback mechanisms (e.g., complaints, surveys, interviews, warranty data), and uses customer value analysis, corrective actions, etc., to measure and improve satisfaction.
- Evaluates current resources to ensure they are available and deployed in support of strategic initiatives. Identifies and eliminates administrative barriers to new initiatives.
- Represents the quality function in support of strategic plan deployment, and ensures that the voice of the customer is addressed throughout the process.
- Selects, interprets and applies quality management tools effectively – Selects, interprets and applies quality management tools (Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, flowcharts, control charts, check sheets, scatter diagrams, histograms, root cause analysis, PDCA, six sigma DMAIC model, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), statistical process control (SPC), brainstorming, design for six sigma (DFSS), affinity diagrams, 5Ss, Kanban and value stream mapping) in various situations.
- Uses basic HR management techniques effectively – Uses basic HR management techniques for employee selection and professional development including coaching, setting goals and objectives, conducting performance evaluations, providing recognition, etc., and ensures that quality responsibilities are present in job descriptions throughout the organization.
- Uses knowledge management techniques effectively – Uses knowledge management techniques to identify and collect internal knowledge and best practices, to understand and share lessons learned, and to adapt and use such knowledge in new situations. Identifies typical organizational hurdles that must be overcome in order to implement these techniques and develops strategies for eliminating barriers.
- Uses various change management strategies to overcome organizational roadblocks and achieve desired change levels, and review outcomes for effectiveness.
- Uses various tools and techniques effectively – Uses various tools and techniques to identify and prioritize customer needs and expectations, including the voice of customer, house of quality, quality function deployment (QFD), focus groups, customer surveys, etc.
- Uses various tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the quality system, including balanced scorecard, management reviews, internal audits, feedback from internal and external customers, etc.
Quality Assurance Managers job responsibilities
- Analyze Data – Review statistical data from the production lines to identify quality problems.
- Lead Teams – Supervise teams of inspectors who carry out the detailed assessment of products and their components at different stages of production.
- Manage Inputs – Work with suppliers to help formulate quality standards for the goods.
- Train Employees – Ensure that employees working in production are aware of quality requirements, quality assurance managers provide training in best practices.
Quality Assurance Engineer job responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution.
- Collect quality data.
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement.
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Oversee continuous improvement projects.
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy.
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management.
- Test current products and identifying deficiencies.