What is a 360-degree review?
A 360-degree review is a system or tool that provides each employee the opportunity to receive performance feedback from the people who work around them. This typically includes the employee’s manager, peers, customers, and/or subordinate staff members.
Benefits of the 360-degree review
- Provides feedback to employees from various sources to help employees understand their strengths, weaknesses, goals, etc
- Develops and strengthens teamwork and accountability
- Fosters Continuous Improvement
- Offers constructive feedback to improve employee outputs
- Improves communication because the employee understands how others perceive them, which in turn assists with teamwork
- Improves motivation of employees knowing that multiple individuals gave the same positive feedback